A total of fourteen (14) enumerators attended a training workshop on November 17th 2022 that was conducted by the Research, Marketing and Strategy (RSM) Unit of Tourism Trinidad, in preparation for the upcoming cruise season which runs from November 21st 2022 to April 18th 2023. The enumerators will be deployed at the Cruise Ship Complex in Port of Spain, to collect feedback from cruise visitors on their experiences in Trinidad.
In particular, the objectives of the survey will be to:
- Identify the demographic characteristics of cruise ship passengers.
- Create a cruise visitor profile
- Identify the factors and sources that motivated cruise passengers to visit Trinidad; the places of interest visited by them, the activities in which they engaged and their reactions/feedback to this island’s attractions.
- Determine the economic impact generated by visitor expenditure.
- Determine the likelihood to return to the destination
- Provide a useful guide to stakeholders for improving the cruise industry on the island.
A report on the survey findings will be prepared by the Senior Research Officer at the end of the survey. The final report will be shared with relevant stakeholders in the sector.
Enumerator training at the Tourism Trinidad offices on November 17, 2022